Do you like Venice? I love it! I’d move there if there was no winter on this planet I want to share some pictures of Venice’s beauty.
1. San Marco square at night
2. Basilica di Santa Maria Della Salute was built in commemoration of victims of the Plague
3. There’s no wheel transport in Venice, only boats.
4. Venice is not it first three cities with most brigdes. Is has only 400 bridges. Amsterdam has 1200, Hamburg is first at 2300 and Sankt-Petersburg is closing the lead with 500 bridges.
5. Delivery services like DHL, UPS, etc operate with boats too in Venice. And the hundreds of meters are by foot. That’s why the delivery in Venice costs twice the delivery in Italy.
7. Althou there’s a huge number of tourists in Venice, there’re still some calm places with green grass and pinetrees.
8. Gondoliers means Venice. Venice means gondoliers. It’s the same.
9. Traghetto is the cheap way of getting gondola ride. For 0.50 cents these guys will float you to the other side of the Grand Canal
10. Public transport in Venice calls “Vaporetto” and operated by (guess!) boats. The prices are quite high (6,50 for 1 hour ride) but nobody checks the ticket.
11. Rich beautiful buildings can be seen on banks of the Grand Canal while you’re drifting in vaporetto.
12. Night Venice is another city. Just walk 100 meters from tourists attractions and dive into silence and relaxing sound of water breakers.
13. More gondolas.
15. Gates of the Arsenal and old building. Yes, Venice combines inharmonious things.
16. The gates at closer view.
17. Traditional way of drying the linen. And a HQ of a communist party =)
18. Isn’t it beautiful?
19. You can find something interesting almost in any restaurant there
20. Murano island is the motherland of the famous Murano glass
21. The statue of a boy with a frog is covered by a special case for the night. In the morning the case will be removed, but the policeman will guard the statue.
24. The Rialto bridge. The oldest bridge over the Grand Canal.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the views of Venice and welcome you to leave a comment below!