In this sunny Sunday, La Roche-en-Ardenne welcomed a Nissan European Downhill Cup race. The weather was surely a win, it was sunny and not very hot. Unfortunately, the whole week before it was raining hard in Belgium, so the descend was still muddy and slippery.
2. Flags on the mountain in the background mark the track. And on the foreground in the right bottom corner you can find a Maboge “beach”. It’s not clean on the photo, but the fifth person can barely fit there.
3. In the camp it was very dirty.
4. A queue for the food supplies – hamburgers!
5. View to Maboge town, where the race took place. On the left side of the bridge you can see the “beach” from prev. photo.
6. Starting queue
7. The track was very technical with lots of roots, a few gaps and very fast steep descents at the end.
8. Many berms, some of them were very soft, which led to minor crashes. Don’t worry, nobody got hurt.
9. Met only few pro-photographers, which is quite strange for event like this.
11. Stuards was sleeping and blow their whistle lazily when racers passed by.
12. Another gap
13. The gap with the view
14. Quicky =)
15. And to close the post – a beautiful picture of the church and the citadel of La Roche-en-Ardenne